Last Updated on 31/05/2020 by VdB
Vegetarian - Saltimbocca of eggplant
- 1 eggplant about 400 g
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tsp olive oil
- 1 tomato about 125 g
- 125 g mozarella cheese
- 2 stalks sage
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- sage flower for decoration
- Wash, clean and cut lengthwise into about 8 slices (about 0.5 cm thick) eggplant.
- Place on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and set aside. Peel 1 garlic
clove, finely chop and mix with the oil. Wash, clean and cut into 8
slices tomato. Drain the mozzarella and cut into 8 slices. Rinse
eggplant slices, pat dry and roast in the preheated grill for 2-3
- Herbs wash, shake dry. 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut into slices. Herbs
and garlic slices broil briefly in a grill pan. Brush eggplant slices
lightly with garlic oil, season with salt and pepper. Sage leaves pluck
from the stems. Pluck rosemary sprigs slightly smaller.
- Place on each eggplant slice a tomato and cheese slice and herbs. Again,
season with salt and pepper, eggplant fold over top and garnish with
sage flowers and garlic slices.
- The Saltimbocca best serve immediately