Last Updated on 22/06/2021 by VdB
Today, January 22nd is a municipal holiday in Vila do Bispo and the Pordata portal joins this celebration by publishing a portrait of the municipality with 54 statistical facts.
As part of the celebration of its 10th anniversary, Pordata promotes a meeting with the country’s Municipal Councils, through the presentation of a set of key indicators on the most diverse areas of society, seeking to portray each of the 308 Portuguese municipalities.
You can consult here the 54 key indicators of Vila do Bispo municipality, based on more than 20 official sources, which compare 2010 data with the most recent reality (2018).
In this area dedicated to the municipality of Vila do Bispo it is possible to compare, in a simple and immediate way, several indicators, of different themes, and their evolution in almost a decade/ between 2010 and 2018.
Here are some highlights about the municipality of Vila do Bispo for the year 2018:
– Municipal Holiday: January 22nd;
– 5,158 inhabitants;
– For every 100 residents, 30 are foreigners;
– For every 100 residents, there are 12 young people under 15 years old, 61 adults and 27 elderly people aged 65 or over;
– 48 babies were born and 67 people died;
– There are 213 elders for every 100 young people, 55 more elders than the national average;
– 566 students enrolled in preschool, elementary, and high school;
– For every 100 residents aged 15 and over, there are 37 pensions granted by the Social Security and the Caixa Geral de Aposentações (General Retirement Fund);
– 144 unemployed people registered in employment centres (4.6 per cent of the resident population aged between 15 and 64), less than those registered in 2010 (175;)
– 28 tourist accommodation, 18 more than in 2010;
– 2 pharmacies;
– 2 banks and savings banks, 1 less than in 2010;
– Positive financial balance of CM: +59 thousand euros (revenues: 12.5 million euros; Expenses: 12.4 million euros);
– 3 per cent of the City Hall’s expenditure was on culture and sport, less than in 2010 (7 per cent of total expenditure);
– 8 per cent of the municipality’s expenditure is related to the environment, a figure identical to that recorded at national level (8 per cent);
– 1639 per square metre, 447 euros higher than the national average.
The official sources used were: INE, ANSR/MAI, APA/MA, BP, CGA/MTSSS, DGAL, DGEEC/MEd – MCTES, DGEG/MEc, DGO/MF, DGPJ/MJ, DGS/MS, ERSAR, GEE/MEc, GEP/MTSSS, ICA/MC, ICA/SEC, IEFP/MTSSS, IGP, II/MTSSS, ISS/MTSSS, SEF/MAI, SGMAI, SIBS, S.A.