Last Updated on 28/12/2021 by VdB
The early hours of this Saturday morning were marked by the death of the woman victim of the explosion of a gas canister in a house, in Beco Duas Sentinelas, near Quarteira, which happened last Wednesday.
According to CMTV, the woman was admitted to the Hospital de Faro and did not resist the serious injuries. The man also ended up not resisting the burns and the shock of the incident, advanced last night, Sunday, the CMTV.
The newspaper also reports that his daughter, a 15-year-old girl, remains in a coma, with 38 per cent of her body burnt.
The alert for the occurrence was received by rescue teams at 05:15 on Wednesday. According to the Faro District Command of Rescue Operations “there was an explosion and caused damage to the dwelling, and there were four victims with injuries, two [injured] serious and two light, one of them a Civil Protection element, belonging to the Fire Brigade” of Loulé.
Allegedly, the explosion occurred due to a gas cylinder. The first floor of the house was completely destroyed. Debris is reported to have been thrown 100 metres away.
On the day of the incident, 36 operatives and 13 vehicles were on the scene, including members of the Loulé Fire Brigade, the National Medical Emergency Institute (INEM), the GNR, the Portuguese Red Cross, EDP electricity and the Municipal Civil Protection Service of Loulé.
On our own behalf
Here you can support ViladoBispo once or even monthly if you like: Via mobile phone with this QR code or with the link: Support ViladoBispo
We thank you for your contribution and the appreciation of our efforts, research and costs for the maintenance of a non-commercial and non-profit project, as it is the info portal ViladoBispo.eu !